Thursday, June 21, 2007

Heavy Equipment Mechanics Deliver

Today at lunch Dennis Bonnono, Kirk Spindler, and Dan from the Salem Shop delivered petitions to Matt Garrett's office. This petition notes that ZERO ODOT selectives have been granted and requests the ODOT Director write a letter to the DAS Bargaining team to support the HEM's getting the salary range they requested. I know some other groups are working on similar petitions and plan on delivering them in the same manner. Let me know where you're at on those and in what ways I can assist you. I will be at Airport Road the rest of the afternoon, so if you want me to stop by your area, my cell phone is 503-830-1201!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a huge problem the way upper management is treating the hireing and retention problem that we have . Make no mistake it is a serious problem and i think management has the mindset that anyone can be replaced from the next street corner.I see first hand because my position was vacant for 9 months before I transfered into it. ODOT workers have been given a difficult task to give management a jolt of wake up powder but if we dont stick together and convince them we maen buisness then i think everyone might as well stop whineing put their tails BACK between their leggs and continue the way it is.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a huge problem the way upper management is treating the hireing and retention problem that we have . Make no mistake it is a serious problem and i think management has the mindset that anyone can be replaced from the next street corner.I see first hand because my position was vacant for 9 months before I transfered into it. ODOT workers have been given a difficult task to give management a jolt of wake up powder but if we dont stick together and convince them we maen buisness then i think everyone might as well stop whineing put their tails BACK between their leggs and continue the way it is.