Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Selective Victories


In the last few days of bargaining you won a couple selective victories for ODOT classifications. The Transportation Maintenance Coordinators I and II's got a 1 range increase to 21 and 22. The HEM I and II's got increased from ranges 19T and 22B to 22B and 26B respectively. These increases did not occur out of thin air. They happened because of the hard work of the Mechanics and Coordinators who went through the process. I want to specifically thank the work of the Salem Mechanics, Roger Upshaw, Rex Parks, and countless other mechanics who showed up everytime. You are helping lead your local by example. Great work!

Update: The HEM I's just made another presentation that re-emphasized the need to keep the I's and II's at salary ranges separated by 2 ranges. They said they have their managers support and asserted and argued the need to increase I's to range 24T in order to create the same separation. Hopefully DAS gets the message here and fixes this issue. More as it comes.

Update II: HEM I's presentation worked and both HEM I's and II's got increased by 4 ranges. From 19T to 23T and 22B to 26B

No comments: