Wednesday, January 8, 2014

L503 and L49 Unification

I don't know how many people view this site anymore, but for those who do, please pay close attention to the attempts to destroy L503 and merge with L49. This is not in the best interest of our members or Local 730. I urge members to become involved, ask questions of 503 Executive Staff, 730 Leadership and discuss with other 730 members.

I participated on the Finance and Dues Committee and I can you it felt like a sham and going through the motions. The bottom line, I don't feel they wanted to hear opposition. I feel they just wanted a collection of bobble heads. They were in for a disappointment. Our committee made up of members from both locals decided we didn't want to change virtually anything when it came to dues and financial issues. As such, the new proposed By Laws created by ????????? doesn't even talk about forming a committee to work on such things for at least one year on a regular basis. Our group only met three times from September to December. To say the least, it is ridiculous to think we could reform the entire dues and financial issues in three meetings.

Get informed, get involved and vote!

No comments: